Terms and Conditions of Hire for Scotland’s Luxury Motorhomes
1. Scotland’s Luxury Motorhomes is a trading name of Tulloch Enterprises Ltd.
A non-refundable deposit of £250 for each week or part week must be paid to secure the booking. The remaining balance is due 8 weeks prior to the first date of collection. If the booking is made less than 8 weeks before the first date of the hire then the full balance will be payable at the time of booking.
If the hirer cancels their booking 6 weeks prior to the first date of the booking only the deposit will be forfeited and the additional cost of the hire will be refunded. If the booking is cancelled less than 6 weeks before the first date of the hire but more than 2 weeks before the first date of the hire then 50% of the full cost of the booking will be payable. If the booking is cancelled less than 2 weeks before the first date of the hire then the full cost of the booking will be payable.
If for any reason Scotland’s Luxury Motorhomes must cancel your booking then a full refund will be given.
The deposit will be payable at the time of booking to secure your booking. The remainder of the balance will be due 8 weeks prior to the start date of the hire. If you are booking the vehicle less than 8 weeks before collection then the full amount will be payable at the time of booking.
Scotland’s Luxury Motorhomes does not accept cash or cheque for deposits or balances. Payments must be made through our secure online booking system or over the phone. The damage deposit will also be held through the online booking system for the duration of hire.
5. Damage Deposit
A damage deposit of £1000 is required for each booking. On the day of collection of the vehicle the hirer will allow a pre-authorisation of £1000 to be held from their credit or debit card through our online payment system. This will be held for the duration of the hire and returned at the end of the booking provided the vehicle is returned without any damage. If there is any damage to the vehicle during the hire period that is not covered by an insurance claim the hirer will be liable for the cost of repair and this will be deducted from the damage deposit. This includes any loss of equipment.
All named drivers are insured under the comprehensive motorhome policy. In the event of an insurance claim the full damage deposit will be taken to cover the insurance excess.
Up to two pets are allowed to accompany the hirer on their booking. These will be charged at the rate advertised on the website. Pets are strictly not allowed on the seats or beds and owners are asked to bring pet blankets or bedding with them. Pets must not be left unattended in the motorhome at any time. Hirers must be considerate of other campers on campsites and keep dogs under control in all circumstances, especially around livestock.
- Only drivers who are authorised by Scotland’s Luxury Motorhomes and who have signed and completed a rental agreement/hirer proposal are allowed to drive the vehicle.
- All drivers must have held a full UK/EU driving licence for at least three years.
- Non EU licences can be accepted subject to approval from our insurers.
- Drivers must be aged between 25 and 75.
- Drivers must not have more than 2 convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction on their licence.
- Drivers must send a copy/scan of their driving licence to Scotland’s Luxury Motorhomes at least 14 days before the commencement of the hire, along with a DVLA check code that will be valid for the duration of the hire.
- Drivers must provide 2 forms of proof of address (utility bills, bank statements etc) at least 14 days before the commencement of hire.
- All hirers/drivers must bring their valid driving licence with them on the day of collection to be checked.
- Drivers must not have had their licence suspended for any period within the last 3 years.
- Drivers must not have been involved in more than one fault accident in the last 3 years.
- Drivers must not have obtained a BA, DD or UT conviction.
- The vehicle will not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature, or for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward or any other form of profit or payment.
The following persons will be subject to approval by our insurer prior to driving the vehicle:
- Persons with a physical impairment including: sight, hearing, heart condition, epilepsy, diabetes and any other condition that has caused blackouts or loss of control.
- Persons who have had to make a health notification to the DVLA.
9. Additional Drivers
Three additional drivers are permitted per booking. Any member of the booking party who wishes to drive the vehicle must adhere to the Terms and Conditions laid out here. All additional drivers must provide the identification outlined in section 8 and adhere to the stipulations outlined.
The hirer is responsible for the security and safety of the vehicle for the full duration of the hire. Hirers will adhere to the following:
- Hirers will not leave the motorhome unlocked when unoccupied.
- Hirers will ensure all windows are closed when the vehicle is unoccupied.
- The motorhome will not be left in any place deemed unsafe or in high crime areas.
- Valuables and personal belongings must not be left in a position that is visible from outside the vehicle.
- Hirers must ensure the key is not left in the ignition or in a visible place in the motorhome or any place that would make it easy to be stolen. If the vehicle is stolen with the key in the ignition, this may invalidate the insurance and the hirer will be liable for the full replacement cost of the vehicle.
- Hirers will not leave motorhomes in exposed areas during adverse weather.
- The hirer will be responsible for any damage caused by vandalism or attempted break in.
In the event of an accident or damage being caused to the vehicle, the hirer must contact Scotland’s Luxury Motorhomes as soon as possible. No repairs should be attempted by the hirer.
In the event of a road traffic accident the hirer must obtain the names, addresses and contact information of all third parties involved and any witnesses. The hirer will alert any necessary authorities if required.
In the event of an accident the hirer will not make an admission of liability either verbally or in writing.
In the event of an insurance claim the full damage deposit will be taken to cover the insurance excess.
The vehicles are covered by breakdown assistance. In the instance of a breakdown please contact Scotland’s Luxury Motorhomes as soon as possible to have the breakdown dealt with.
13. Return of the vehicle
- The vehicle must be returned by the agreed time stated on the rental agreement.
- The vehicle must be returned in a clean condition.
- The toilet cassette must be empty.
- The fuel tank must be full.
If the vehicle is returned in an unsatisfactory condition the following fees will apply:
Late return: £50 per hour will be charged for late returns.
Cleanliness: £25 per hour (up to £150).
Smoking: Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the motorhome. Any evidence of smoking inside the vehicle will incur a £250 charge.
Toilet: If the toilet cassette is not empty at time of return a £70 charge will be payable.
Fuel: If the vehicle is not returned with a full tank of fuel the hirer will be liable for the cost of filling up the tank at the advertised rates plus £25.
Repairs: The cost of any repairs will be charged at the retail price of any equipment plus the cost of labour and will incur a standard £50 charge to cover travel and time.
Any driving infractions, speeding tickets, parking tickets or other convictions incurred during the time of hire are the responsibility of the hirer/driver.
15. Vehicle Availability Prior to Hire Period
If for any reason Scotland’s Luxury Motorhomes are unable to provide the use of the selected vehicle due to circumstances outwith their control (accident/damage/weather/theft/breakdown etc) then they reserve the right to provide you with an alternative vehicle of equal or higher quality or make reasonable enquiries to provide a holiday of similar or higher value – up to 10% more than the hire cost.
If this cannot be fulfilled a full refund will be given.
No compensation or expenses will be paid if Scotland’s Luxury Motorhomes are unable to fulfil their obligations.
16. Extra Insurance
Scotland’s Luxury Motorhomes advise that all hirers including passengers obtain sufficient and fully adequate travel insurance.
It is also advised that hirers take out a form of hire car/motorhome insurance policy to cover the excess in the event of a chargeable incident.
17. Hirers Personal Vehicles
Secure parking is provided for one car maximum per booking for the duration of the hire period. Hirers must leave a set of car keys with Scotland’s Luxury Motorhomes to allow the car to be moved if required.
It is the responsibility of the hirer to contact their insurance company to ensure adequate insurance is in place to cover any eventualities.
18. Travel Areas and Restrictions
UK-wide travel is permitted in the vehicle. However travel to any EU countries is subject to approval from our insurer and a higher damage deposit may be incurred.
Vehicle must only be used on sealed roads and roads leading to recognised campsites. Prior approval must be sought if other roads are to be used.
The vehicles are not permitted to be taken to major events and music festivals. If the vehicle is taken to any of the above this will invalidate the insurance and the cost of any damage incurred will be the sole responsibility of the hirer.
If a booking must be cancelled for any of the following reasons:
- Government imposed local or national lockdown restrictions
- Government imposed local or national travel restrictions
- If you or anyone in your party has tested positive for COVID-19
- If you have been contacted by the government appointed Track and Trace team and advised to self-isolate and this falls over your booking dates
We will offer to reschedule your booking to another date (subject to availability) or offer a full refund of all monies paid.